brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

A suggestion for better manuals.- Blueprint

Hi everyone,

I am sending this email since I am not sure how to insert comments in a
Blueprint and Launchpad expired my question.

As you may know, I made a proposition to move towards another process for
editing, contributing and generating user manuals for Brewtarget. More
information can be found on the blueprint page :
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/brewtarget/+spec/asciidoc-manuals.

I now moved forward and tried a test implementation of what the manual
could look like if converted to the format I am proposing. In order to put
in place this process, I create another repository that will be removed if
we move forward with this solution.
https://www.gitorious.org/brewtarget-manuals
There should be one additional repository inside the Brewtarget project for
each language we want our manual to be translated in.

You may look at three different output :
  * pdf :
https://www.gitorious.org/brewtarget-manuals/brewtarget-manuals/raw/386da8a85acdf31278537c6439f3863c2eed05e4:brewtarget.pdf
  * epub :
https://www.gitorious.org/brewtarget-manuals/brewtarget-manuals/raw/386da8a85acdf31278537c6439f3863c2eed05e4:brewtarget.epub
  * html : Download the brewtarget.html file and open it in a browser.

For an overview of the content (which is almost exactly the same) go to any
page in the book folder.

Let's discuss this!

Cheers,

malavv