bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: bug 699788

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:43:25 -0600
Ronny Cardona <rcart1019@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello kurt, I'm a mentee too.
>
> I think that the bug should be now marked as Triaged, since the update
> requirement is confirmed.
>
> What I would like to know is, if we need a fast response from the
> packaging team, we should send the bug report to MOTU mailing list and
> ask for an upgrade of the package?
>
> Thanks!

Packaging bugs require a lot of knowledge to triage properly. Please
read
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage#Special%20types%20of%20bugs to
learn about these special types of bugs. Normally, an individual
learning to work bug triage would not have the knowledge to properly
prepare these types of bugs. Kurt has worked with a  couple of
developers to learn about these special requirements.

--
Charlie Kravetz