bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: Working as a team

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:53:40 -0500
Matthew Steven <matthew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/29/2011 12:36 AM, Vishnoo wrote:
> > You've started a great Idea.
> >
> > But it is not easy suggesting which package someone else should work on.
> > Sometimes people loose interest in something they are told to do.. ;-)
>
> Oh, definitely, but let's not lose sight of the main idea-
>
> I think that the real issue here is that adding a few elements of
> structure would make more people feel like they could start to
> participate, and more importantly, motivate.
>
> To comment on the original suggestion, those who don't want to work on
> the suggested package are in no way compelled to. It's just a common
> starting point.
>
> The team has done a good job of making all the information available for
> the highly motivated to get themselves going, but if you want wider
> participation, you'll probably benefit from offering a second, more
> structured approach for the participants to "cut their teeth" and gain a
> little confidence.

For all of you who need the structure, start by working on Nautilus
bugs [1]. Most of you will be using this, since it is the default Ubuntu
file manager. Please only work those bugs in "New" status.

]1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus

--
Charlie Kravetz
charlie-tca on IRC