bumblebee team mailing list archive

Re: Bumblebee 3.0 Reporting Issues

Hi Anne-Marie,

The error log says "No Optimus system detected". When looking at the output
of lspci,
I only see the NVIDIA VGA device, no intel one. That means that you are
able to use
the NVIDIA time the whole time without needing Bumblebee but it also means
that it
reduces battery life.

To make Bumblebee work (including power saving), jump into your BIOS and
disable
"OS Detection for NVIDIA Optimus" if such an option is available or choose
for "Optimus"
instead of "discrete".

Regards,
Lekensteyn

PS. I'm forwarding this to the Bumblebee mailing list so other users can
profit if they're
in the same situation.

Follow ups