bumblebee team mailing list archive

issue number 20120415_223852

Hey

My english isn't that good. And my Linux skill isn't either.
I hope I get help here, caus i've been trying to get bumblebee running here the whole day, without success.
I'm using Debian 6.0
uname -a: Linux smurflaptop 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Mar 31 04:00:05 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
on this machine:
baseboard-manufacturer: Acer
baseboard-product-name: Aspire 5742G
baseboard-version     : V1.27
system-manufacturer   : Acer
system-product-name   : Aspire 5742G
system-version        : V1.27
bios-vendor           : Acer
bios-version          : V1.27
bios-release-date     : 11/09/2011

I've been trying to install Bumblebee version 3.

root@smurflaptop:/home/smurf# optirun -V
optirun (Bumblebee) 3.0
Copyright (C) 2011 The Bumblebee Project
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

I found 2 howtos on the internet.
The first was in debian wiki (http://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee)
I did as described till this point:

The following command is very important, if you skip it you will loose 3D acceleration. Restore Mesa as the default GL library since the primary display is running on the Intel graphics card:
sudo update-alternatives --set glx /usr/lib/mesa-diverted

Here I get the following error:
root@smurflaptop:/home/smurf# update-alternatives --set glx /usr/lib/mesa-diverted
update-alternatives: Fehler: Keine Alternativen für glx.

So I lent to the second howto:
http://suwako.nomanga.net/
Again I did as described and managed to install Bumblebee.
I added myself to bumblebee group and startet the daemon.
I get the following error:

root@smurflaptop:/home/smurf# optirun glxgears -info
[ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) Failed to load module "mouse" (module does not exist, 0)

[ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.

As described in troubleshooting I edit bumblebee.conf.
Changed the driver to "driver=nvidia".
This changed the error to something like "Deamon isn't running and I'm not in bumblebee group" - even if it was running and I am in this group.
After restarting my machine and starting the deamon I get same error again:
"root@smurflaptop:/home/smurf# optirun glxgears -info
[ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) Failed to load module "mouse" (module does not exist, 0)

[ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled."

Starting glxgears without optirun (or starting a game - tuxracer for example) isn't possible too.

root@smurflaptop:/home/smurf# glxgears -info
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

Startnig a game results in nothing (tested a wine game an tuxracer).

I've absolutely no idea what to do to make it work.
And I don't want this new laptop with damn optimus technology force me to use windows again.
So I'm looking forward for your answers.

Best regards
Florian Vieten