bumblebee team mailing list archive

Re: Xlib Error

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 20:14:28 Stefan Elser wrote:
> Distro: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
>
> Kernel: 3.4.0-030400-generic
>
> Manufacturer and model: ASUS N56VZ-S4016V
>
> Bumblebee version: 3.0
>

> Greetings everybody,
>

> I'm actually owning this notebook. I've added the x-swat ppa and the
> bumblebee-stable ppa as shown in the wiki.

> The actually installed nvidia driver is 302.17 and lspci -v shows, that the
> driver is loaded.

> If I try to start (for e. g.) glxspheres with "optirun glxspheres", I'm
> getting the following error message:

> "Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":8".
> ERROR (593): Could not obtain RGB visual with requested properties"
>

> If I start a bash with optirun or another 2D program (for e. g. gedit) with
> optirun, it's just went fine. So it seems that the problem is 3D related.
> What can I do here?

> Thanks for your help.
>

> Greetings

Hi Stefan,

Please run the command:

    grep -rli nvidia /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

This will tell you which files contain "nvidia" in it. If there is a file that
contains `Driver "nvidia"`, (re)move that file. After doing this, try again.
Aside, you should not use an Ubuntu mainline kernel, it will not work properly
with Bumblebee. If you want a newer kernel, get one from Quantal or build it
yourself.

Regards,
Peter