bumblebee team mailing list archive

Xlib Error

Distro: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Kernel: 3.4.0-030400-generic

Manufacturer and model: ASUS N56VZ-S4016V

Bumblebee version: 3.0

Greetings everybody,

I'm actually owning this notebook. I've added the x-swat ppa and the bumblebee-stable ppa as shown in the wiki.

The actually installed nvidia driver is 302.17 and lspci -v shows, that the driver is loaded.

If I try to start (for e. g.) glxspheres with "optirun glxspheres", I'm getting the following error message:

"Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":8".
ERROR (593): Could not obtain RGB visual with requested properties"

If I start a bash with optirun or another 2D program (for e. g. gedit) with optirun, it's just went fine. So it seems that the problem is 3D related. What can I do here?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings