c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Binaries in the BZR branch

Hello All,

I'm was branching (checking out) the source code for the current c4c-dev
branch and soon realized there are a *ton* of binary files in the
repository.

Branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/c4c-desktop/trunk

It makes little sense to have binaries in a VCS (version control system)
as they cannot be version controlled by their content (thus defeating
the purpose of VCS), only by file name can they be re-visioned.

Is there a reason why we're adding all these files?

Additionally, we need a blueprint to flush this out, what is the
proposed workflow for the project:

* Centralised
* Centralised with local commits
* Decentralised with shared main line
* Other ?

More information on workflows can be found at the link below, but,
before we can push forward, we need to determine what workflow we want
to use:

http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/Workflows

This is a show stopper for us all until resolved.

best regards,

Greg.

Follow ups