c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Binaries in the BZR branch

Hi,
sorry I have been very busy here...
I think we should use the normal workflow.
Main stable branch.
unstable branches for testing.
The stable branch should be modified only when the unstable branch (or
branches for testing) does what we intend.

I think only 1 main developer should work on the packaging, with others
contributing.  This way, there can be an 'authority' on the package.
And my vote is Greg, since he has come up with the simple and effective
way to bring in all the media and install them in a way that complies
very effectively with Eric's agreement with the owners of the content.

The main tasks, would seem to be:
1. hosting all the media on a c4c server.
2. giving Greg access to that server to complete his authentication goal.
3. creating the keys, and scripts to get/check/etc.. the keys
4. creating a meta package to bring in all the programs we want
5. creating smaller packages for the meta to depend on (music, pictures,
etc..)

--
Regards

-Israel