c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Contents of /etc/skel from C4C 13.10 ReSpin

Hi all,
I think I got most things figured out for the skel directory, as well as
where everything goes.
I have been moving things into the right place, and working through some
issues when related to making things work in situations where we are not
using Lubuntu as the base.
For example, I made some changes to the desktop files (you use pcmanfm
and firefox, which not all users might use) and created 2 little
scripts, one for opening directories and one for opening web pages.
I currently only support nautilus and pcmanfm in those scripts, but they
open windows differently (the -n option will not work in nautilus for
example), and I also made the web handler script to be able to handle
firefox, chromium-browser, and google-chrome to start with.
the chrome browsers open the web app in app mode, and firefox opens it
in a new window (as before).

I also changed the icon lines of the desktop file to be relative names,
and installed all the icons in the correct forlders (the freedesktop
spec says to install at least 1 icon in
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps (if it is png file) and
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps (if it is svg file)

however for the time being there is still a /usr/share/christian/icons
folder until I am sure I got it working.

I have also separated different items out.
c4c-artwork (installs backgrounds and requires c4c-plymouth themes)
c4c-audiobibles
c4c-desktop

and then we can add things like
c4c-lxde
c4c-xfce
etc...

So far c4c-desktop requires:

c4c-audiobibles,
 c4c-artwork,
 create-resources,
 diatheke,
 diodon,
 diodon-plugins,
 filezilla,
 geany,
 gimp,
 gimp-data-extras,
 gimp-help-en,
 gimp-help-common,
 gimp-plugin-registry,
 gnash,
 gufw,
 icc-profiles,
 inkscape,
 libreoffice,
 lubuntu-desktop | gnome-desktop-environment | xubuntu-desktop |
mate-desktop | torios-desktop,
 openjdk-7-jre,
 p7zip-full,
 pulseaudio,
 pavucontrol,
 scribus,
 scribus-template,
 scribus-doc,
 thunderbird,
 verse,
 vlc,
 widemargin,
 xiphos,
 xpdf

The package is not fully finished (might not even build yet), but I am
making great headway into it.

@Greg,
I have not done anything to work on the installation of protect music
content.  I liked your idea, so if you can make a basic version of the
installer (using zenity or dialog or pygtk or whatever you want) that
would be great!
I still have a way to go on the packaging before it is ready for
testing.  But it should be fairly complete soon.

On 09/21/2015 09:06 AM, KI7MT wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Apologies, but I've not been able to put in much effort on the project
> of late but I will make a concerted effort work through a few scenarios
>
> Personally, I think we should be testing on 14.04.x and then after the
> release 15.10, start focusing on 16.04.
>
> For simplicity sake, using the Meta-Package for standard application
> inclusion "on-top" of the base installation seems to make the most sense.
>
> From there, the C4C PPA would come into play, insofar as, any
> modifications / additions etc, should have a package.
>
> Has there been any progress made on how to manage restricted use
> content?  DropBox is OK for inner group support, but a Server really
> should be used to deliver this content.
>
> best regards,
>
> Greg.

Regards