cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~mycompostpile/cairo-dock-plug-ins-extras/YoutubeDl into lp:cairo-dock-plug-ins-extras

* By default, it's maybe better to use Cairo-Dock's dialogues instead of pynotify (or at least having an option to use these dialogues)

That option is there. I thought I had changed it to default to dialogues but I missed it. It currently is set to true for pynotify. I will change that.

* Why do you use a list in the dialogue when we do a left click?

Some of my lists are long so the ability to scroll through them was important for me.  I wanted to use a method that allows editing but haven't got that done yet (currently I pause downloading, save the list, edit with vi then load the list back in to accomplish the edit) so I just went for a quick "display the list method". I would appreciate any suggestions.

* If the download directory doesn't exist (by default ~/Videos), there is a problem but it's not explained what's the problem.
 * I also suggest to use the translated name for the default folder (check this file ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs or use the output of this command: xdg-user-dir VIDEOS )

Will look into this. I had thought about it before but it got pushed to the back of my mind and didn't get looked into.

About the help.  There is a great deal of information with regards to the youtube-dl script and I wanted the user to be able to use many of the options. The applet handbook would be "very busy" putting all that information in it so I thought a help menu entry would be better. The only other option for the youtube-dl help is to have the user install youtube-dl and use the man facility to find out the information. I didn't see that as practical. Maybe I can put most of the information in the .conf file as tooltips when hovering over the options instead (most people that will use this would probably already be familiar with youtube-dl any way).

Thanks for the comments and I will try to implement them as time permits.

This applet would be much better implemented in C but the original youtube-dl script is in python so I did not want to reinvent the wheel.

I know there can be many improvements so any suggestion is appreciated.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mycompostpile/cairo-dock-plug-ins-extras/YoutubeDl/+merge/108080
Your team Cairo-Dock Team is subscribed to branch lp:cairo-dock-plug-ins-extras.