cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

[Question #219493]: Ask for a PPA-key... an error

New question #219493 on Cairo-Dock Core:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/219493

Today there are so many places where I can download the software for the Cairo-Dock, and the project has now 4 or 5 parts,
but I can't find any PPA-key..... read further.

Yesterday I had registered myself on the website (also Eglefino) and was reading the FAQ  with all those..... pushes to register the downloads in the sources.list, I did that for my Precise-version (I don't know if that is allowed, because I did not download the Core-version from that website), but tell you I did so, I placed the .deb-file in the list).

Yesterday and today I got this 'error' during the general updates (there was no key, so the software couldn't be updated) for the parts written below:

cairo-dock-core
cairo-dock-data
cairo-dock-plug-ins
cairo-dock-plug-ins-data
cairo-dock-plug-ins-dbus-interface-python
cairo-dock-plug-ins-integration
libgldi3

So do you have a PPA key, your partner Fabounet had sent me the last commands for the terminal (what I did), read between the lines (Question:#219099)
Fabounet proposed the following answer:
I'm not sure to see the problem, but here is whay you can do if you want to
start with a good base:

delete all cairo-dock config:
  rm -rf ~/.config/cairo-dock
and then restart the dock.

you wil get the default theme, with few launchers and the Applications
Menu. From this one, you can add programs in the dock. You can also remove
the one you don't need by dragging them out of the dock.

You can also select a theme from the theme manager, to start with something
that suits your needs better.

I made those commands and the dock is okay, cleaner as before and the layer (from the Gnome-fallback) which was away, I got it back.... with that I was more happy.... because I could use all my installed programs.
But further with the cairo-dock (that's a part of my Klinefelter Syndrome, I cannot tell only from one issue or one item, I can't change either I've born with it, and the found it when I was 53-years old, 38-years to late)...
So the changes which I made from the tuxfamily-site/Cairo-dock-FAQ was that an not so good idea or.... what can you tell me?

Cairo-Dock Devs, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.