cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #253206]: Ubuntu 14.04 cannot add workspaces; no Unity bar

Question #253206 on Cairo-Dock Core changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/253206

Chuck Torrens is still having a problem:
Matthieu, thanks for the assistance- however, only one of my issues
(workspaces - #1 above - was solved).

For #2 here are the issues I'm having; my goal is to get what I had with
Cairo with 12.04, which was Unity launcher and and the status bar at the
top; however, if I could get certain features I could go without:

With the Unity Plugin disabled:
1) I don't get the Ununtu lens or launch button or whatever, which I use a lot.  I also like having the launcher bar on the left.  If I could have the lens or whatever on CD, then I'd be ok with that.
2) I am also missing the top bar, which I used for many things (I like the date and system menu).  I could live without if I can resolve issues with the top dock bar (see below), since I could probably make it work/look much like the standard one, but ideally I'd like to be able to use either.
3) if I set the system option for display to display application menus in the application title bar, it does not work in Cairo-dock (app menus show up nowhere, and I have to hit Alt to get a popup application menu)

With the Unity plugin Enabled:
1) there is no top bar, and I cannot see the application menu anywhere (there is no top bar to display in, and it does not show up in the application title bar; I have to hit Alt)
2) the top dock is always disappearing behind the top bar, no matter what display option I select (reserve space, always on top, etc.).

Cairo-Dock Devs, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.