cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #253206]: Ubuntu 14.04 cannot add workspaces; no Unity bar

Question #253206 on Cairo-Dock Core changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/253206

Chuck Torrens gave more information on the question:
Matthieu,

I think I'm close - I just nee to get the syntax of those 2 commands you
sent me.  Here is what I am trying:

[code]
a=`gsettings get org.compiz.core:/org/compiz/profiles/Default/plugins/core/ active-plugins`;
{a:0:-1}, 'unity']
[/code]

Between each of the lines, I am hitting the Enter key.  The first command (setting a) seems to work (no error, and I get the command prompt).
On the 2nd line I am getting an error:

[code]
{a:0:-1},: command not found
[/code]

I am certain if you help me with this part - the getting the Unity top and side bar back - I will be golden!
FMI - is it possible to get either/or - that is, JUST the launcher (left bar) OR the bar across the top?

I apologize for all these  questions - I have really enjoyed CD under
12.04 and want to get it working great under 14.04 as well, and I'm not
a compiz wizard :)

Thanks!

Chuck

Cairo-Dock Devs, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.