cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jgonzalezdr/cairo-dock-plug-ins/suspend-workaround-applet into lp:cairo-dock-plug-ins

If we add this workaround in a new applet, we can easily disable it. But on the other hand it also means that the user has to enable it. We could automatically enable (like the gnome-integration applet) it but because this workaround doesn't need any new dependence, it could be managed by the core. To disable it, maybe we could add a new option or a flag to not compile the workaround.

The dock is already detecting the OpenGL driver in src/gldi/cairo-dock-opengl.c => https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team/cairo-dock-core/cairo-dock/view/head:/src/gldit/cairo-dock-opengl.c#L296

We don't like workarounds but sometimes it's needed... And it's really not easy to know where it's the best place (read: the less ugly one :-P) to add a workaround :-)

@fabounet: what do you think about that.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jgonzalezdr/cairo-dock-plug-ins/suspend-workaround-applet/+merge/233496
Your team Cairo-Dock Devs is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jgonzalezdr/cairo-dock-plug-ins/suspend-workaround-applet into lp:cairo-dock-plug-ins.