calibre-devs team mailing list archive

oeb2lit

Kovid etc,

As mentioned on moibleread, I've got some oeb2lit code which I should
have ready-to-go pretty soon (perhaps tonight even? although doing some
functional testing might be a good idea).  Aside from solving/punting-on
the "ahc"/"aht" hash algorithm issue, there are a few integration issues
I need to sort out:

  - LZX compression integration.  I found some C LZX compression code at
    [1].  I decided to use this as an opportunity to learn the 'ctypes'
    module, so right now I build liblzxcomp as a pure-C shared object.
    But having done that, I'm now not sure how to bundle it in with
    calibre, and in a way that my ctypes-using Python module can find
    it.  I'd kind of like to avoid re-writing it as a C/Python module
    because C types is really quite nice :-).

  - Yet another OPF parser.  I wanted to be able to both (a) extract LIT
    files then re-archive them without losing any OPF metadata, yet also
    (b) LIT-archive e.g. EPUB books using OPF 2.0.  To achieve this I
    ended up writing a new OPF-/Dublin Core-centric "Oeb" class which
    can read either OPF 1 or 2 and losslessly serialize back out to
    either OPF 1 or 2.  Should I just toss 'oeb.py' into
    ebooks/metadata?

Peace,

-Marshall

[1] http://www.russotto.net/chm/