calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: oeb2lit

That's great, I'll integrate it into calibre at the earliest opportunity. From
my perspective (having to maintain build systems on 3 platforms), the best
solution for lzxcomp is to simply add it to the current lzx module. This is
because calibre uses the python distutils build system to compile c code with
minimal effort on my part. Using it via ctypes would mean maintaining an extra
set of 3 build scripts, unless you know how to get distutils to produce C
libraries?

I suggest putting oeb.py into the calibre.ebooks.lit package for now as it
will only be used there. In the future, if we decide to use it elsewhere, for
example, for a mobi output plugin, we can move it into ebooks.metadata

Incidentally how do you losslessly serialize opf 2 to opf 1?

Kovid.

--

Kovid Goyal  MC 452-48
California Institute of Technology
1200 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91125

cell  : +01 626 390 8699
office: +01 626 395 6595 (449 Lauritsen)
email : kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web   : http://www.kovidgoyal.net