calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Branch lp:~llasram/calibre/oeb2lit

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Kovid Goyal <kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can probably get it to upload to launchpad with a bzr push

That actually is what I'd tried the second time when it claimed success.
The earlier FUBAR branch must have confused it.  In any case, the branch
exists now!  And there was much rejoicing...

And the branch has the "ugly-printing" code I said I was going to try.
To all appearances, it works great.  It works so well, in fact, that
after ugly-printing LIT-derived markup which doesn't pretty-print well
with the default lxml parser, I am able to pretty-print it cleanly.  So
perhaps the solution to pretty-printing LIT markup is first
ugly-printing it.

On a down note, I just figured out -- and I'm not sure why it took so
long -- that MSReader supports an almost unbelievably limited subset of
CSS.  The key limitation is that it supports absolutely no contextual
selectors: one tag, class, or ID is all you get.  Full-and-complete LIT
support will require munging all CSS information into a single class per
element which specifies absolutely everything.  I'm perfectly willing to
leave that for later though.

-Marshall