calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~llasram/calibre/oeb2lit ready for merge

The launchpad merge request never reached me.

Logging via print is fine, as long as you make sure to convert unicode
characters properly (that's what the logging framework in claibre does). In
Python 2.5 you have to encode all unicode strings in preferred_encoding In
Python 2.6 you have to decode all byte strings to unicode. You can use
LoggingInterface to do this automatically for you, or just write a simple
wrapper around print.

There are no package relative imports mainly because some of the freezing
programs used to generate binaries on various platforms have had various
problems with dependency calculation, so I decided to keep things as simple
(from a machine perspective) as possible.

I'll merge your code over the next few days.

Kovid.

--

Kovid Goyal  MC 452-48
California Institute of Technology
1200 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91125

cell  : +01 626 390 8699
office: +01 626 395 6595 (449 Lauritsen)
email : kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web   : http://www.kovidgoyal.net