calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Kobo Driver Updates

Hi

I pushed a new version to:
lp:~timlegge/calibre/kobo_driver<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Etimlegge/calibre/kobo_driver>

The driver can:

1) Display kobo books from the database, pdfs and epubs and thumnails
2) Delete kobo books, pdfs, epubs and all related images and device database
rows for each book type

I have tested the delete on each book type and on multiple books.
Everything seems fine but it is still a little rough.  I need to review the
code for places where I have not bothered to adjust for path separators
depending on the environment and look at adding a little more error
checking.

I also need to recreate this branch because of an early merge issue that I
had.

I did notice when I was trying to add a book via calibre:

No details available.
Job: 4 Upload 1 books to device:Artemis Fowl: The Sword of God finished
No details available.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tim/custom-cols/src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 245, in
dispatch
    self.func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/tim/custom-cols/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 1056, in
books_uploaded
    metadata, self.booklists())
  File "/home/tim/custom-cols/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 304, in
add_books_to_metadata
    self.device.add_books_to_metadata(locations, metadata, booklists)
  File "/home/tim/custom-cols/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line
216, in add_books_to_metadata
    book = self.book_class(prefix, lpath, other=info)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'other'

I don't think I caused this but I have not researched it yet.

Obviously, this code needs testing by anyone with a kobo who is brave/crazy
enough to be a guinea pig...

Tim

Follow ups