calibre-devs team mailing list archive

0.7.19 imminent

It's that time of the week again. 0.7.19 will be released in the next 24 hours. So now's the time for last minute patches.

Major behavior/API changes:

  - Sorting should be a lot faster now, thanks to a tip from Charles
  - The metadata jacket should look a lot nicer in EPUB thanks to Greg
  - More powerful preprocessing to hammer bad ebooks into shape thanks to Lee
  - calibre now has a magic spell to convert straight quotes to their curly brethren, thanks to smartypants

The new code to allow use of user metadata columns in save templates and when saving to OPF/EPUB is done and in need of testing. Available from lp:~kovid/calibre/custom-serializer

Don't be fooled by the fact that it's my branch. Most of the credit (and blame) is due to Charles.

P.S. As you may have noticed I've decided to start crediting major contributions to calibre each week. Since various people have been begging me to write a release announcement for developers, each week. I decided I may as well have some fun while doing it. What this means is that it is now up to you to implement enough new features each week, to enable me to have fun writing this mail.

Kovid.

--

Dr. Kovid Goyal
http://www.kovidgoyal.net