calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Patch to calibre (zip folder from save to disk) and feature question

Hi,

I've submitted a patch to allow zipping resulting folder (see
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8936). If any of calibre developers
have ideas for improvements, I'll be glad to implement them.

I'm also working on a new feature: it aims at allowing to attach a file
to book. This feature is mainly for computer related book where book
often comes with data (code source for example) or errata. The feature
add a field in metadata editor in which an archive can be set. The file
is then handled in a similar way to cover file. I think I can probably be
used for other kind of thing (adding a collection of files to a book as a zip
for example)

This feature is implemented and I'm it using right now to debug it. If anyone
is interested, I can make a patch against trunk. In any case, after debugging
it, I'll provide a patch in the bug tracker.

Thank for the hard work you've done to write calibre.

Romain Arcila

Follow ups