caneypuggies team mailing list archive

After you upgrade Ubuntu

Hi all,

After I upgraded Ubuntu, I found that the reformedchurchelocator
application gave an error when I tried to run it like this:

./start_rcl.sh

So I made a script that fixes the problem:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~caneypuggies/reformedchurcheslocator/trunk/revision/60

After you upgrade your own Ubuntu installation, you may get the same
error I got:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/tim/Documents/MyWebPages/CaneyPUGgies/code/trunk/tg21env/bin/nosetests",
line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

If you get that error, you can run this new script from the directory
where it is found to fix the error.  This script upgrades your
virtualenvironment to make it properly recognize the upgraded system
Python installation.

Tim

Follow ups