canonical-hwe-team team mailing list archive

Purposes of backport-iwlwifi DKMS PPAs

Hi Anthony,

As discussed on the daily stand-up meeting, I propose:

* https://launchpad.net/~canonical-hwe-team/+archive/ubuntu/backport-iwlwifi
  * to serve backport-iwlwifi of the latest bleeding-edge version
available for all supported series. So we may easily test latest
backport-iwlwifi-dkms on Bionic and any other shipped series when necessary.
  * this is not intended for landing to ubuntu archive
  * maybe renamed to backport-iwlwifi-dkms-bleeding or so?

I have done this in my own PPA by the way, but just feeling like to move
it into a semi-official place to share with somerville team. It's
currently available in:

  * https://launchpad.net/~vicamo/+archive/ubuntu/backport-iwlwifi-dkms

Cheers,
You-Sheng Yang