canonical-isd-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Launchpad-dev] How do we fix the Launchpad's login experience?

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 11:39 +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> > Many projects are concerned that Launchpad is too tied to Ubuntu.
> > Forcing them through an Ubuntu authentication gateway will probably
> not
> > help with that.
> >

> I don't disagree with you, but I haven't heard anything from these
> projects. I'd like to know more about their concerns, do you have
> anything that could help me follow this up?

I would ask this differently. Launchpad uses Ubuntu SSO to manage
identity now. Do projects believe this is deceitful (this sounds harsher
than I mean), that they are being tricked into using Ubuntu SSO.

I really think this is a non-issue given that (as I understand) the goal
is to allow Lp to with with any OpenID provider.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/