canonical-isd-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Launchpad-dev] How do we fix the Launchpad's login experience?

Jonathan Lange wrote on 29/09/10 11:39:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:45 AM, William Grant <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 00:38 -0400, Elliot Murphy wrote:
>>> This might be a dumb question, but why is it a problem if non-Ubuntu
>>> LP users see an Ubuntu-branded SSO site?
>>
>> Many projects are concerned that Launchpad is too tied to Ubuntu.
>> Forcing them through an Ubuntu authentication gateway will probably
>> not help with that.
>
> I don't disagree with you, but I haven't heard anything from these
> projects. I'd like to know more about their concerns, do you have
> anything that could help me follow this up?

It's an issue I first grappled with when designing the Launchpad Login
Service in April 2006, though it wasn't implemented until a couple of
years later (and it turned out quite a bit uglier than I wanted;-). This