canonical-x team mailing list archive

Re: Unity pointer barriers update for xserver 1.14?

On 18.02.2013 16:01, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
On 02/18/2013 04:06 AM, Didier Roche wrote:
Le 16/02/2013 07:37, Timo Aaltonen a écrit :

I did a quick hack to enable testing the new stack with unity, and it works fine except for the indicators which do
not show up on the panel, and nothing alarming on .xsession-errors either. I removed support for barrier events and
pushed it to canonical-x/staging, here's the diff:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/131298695/unity_6.12.0daily13.02.08-0ubuntu1_6.12.0daily13.02.08-0ubuntu1.1.diff.gz

maybe I'm missing something, but can't see why that would break the indicators? There was an update to lib*indicator,
but reverting to old versions didn't help.
You needed to rebuild unity with the fixed indicators, that's maybe what you did miss ;)

Would be nice to get official support for the new code soon :) Planning what to do for 12.04.3 is going to be fun in
any case..

Excellent! Stephen, Kevin, may Brandon have a look at it so that we can coordinate the Xorg upload

As soon as the US holidays are over.

Is there an updated libX11 with the new protocol bindings?  I haven's seen a new libx11-dev (libxi-dev?) package in the
PPAs.

ppa:canonical-x/x-staging has it (libxi, not libx11) and libxfixes version that doesn't carry our patch anymore:

https://launchpad.net/~canonical-x/+archive/x-staging

you can push the new unity there via any c-x member once you have something to try :)

--
timo.aaltonen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx