checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Header progress-bar in Checkbox-Touch

12:48 < kissiel> zyga, have you seen my mail about progress bar?
12:49 < kissiel> zyga, cause you were the one, to have additional content there IIRC
12:49 <@zyga> kissiel: no, not yet
12:49 <@zyga> looking
12:49 <@zyga> reading
12:49 <@zyga> kissiel: my opinions are:
12:50 <@zyga> kissiel: option 3 - too costly, it will load a lot of stuff while in reality we'll get microsoft minutes anyway if the test is not designed well 12:51 <@zyga> kissiel: option 2 - complex to understand what that means (as a user), I'd try to offer something trivial to "grasp" even if not perfectly accurate 12:51 < kissiel> zyga, but I remember that you wanted to have info about in-job progress 12:51 <@zyga> kissiel: option 1 - that would just mean we're swapping one progress bar for another, that's flushing user's trust into what the bar is
12:51 < kissiel> zyga, or I miss-decoded you :)
12:51 <@zyga> kissiel: yes, I'd do this instead:
12:51 <@zyga> kissiel: keep the global bar (that's what counts for the user)
12:52 <@zyga> kissiel: (optional for next story)
12:52 <@zyga> kissiel: have a number of slots the job may have (default one) and new API to bump the slot, slots are static (in the job definition) and are a side information, next to