checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Header progress-bar in Checkbox-Touch

Hello,
There was a short discussion on IRC few days ago about how should we handle
progress bar in the header for QML-native tests in Checkbox-Touch.

I want to gather your opinion about the subject.

Let's consider case when we have 10 jobs. Progress bar during 5th job should
look similar to this:
[####|     ] 5/10

If we let native tests display progress bar in header we have following

1. Let it display progress of going through the list of jobs.

2. Let it display progress of within the job (current step)
   For instance, consider having a job checking if gyroscope sensor works
ok.
   One of the steps would be to tilt left, one to tilt right, and so on.
   Let's assume the job consists of 6 of those steps.
   In this approach header progress bar would display [###|      ] 3/6 on
third
   step, although there are 10 jobs total.
2-alt. Let it display progress of current job (internal) as an extension to
   'ordinary' progress bar. I.e.
     job: [####|     ] 5/10
    step: [###|      ] 3/6
3. (looney) Let it gather info about steps from all tests, sum them up, and
   display one progress bar, accounting for all steps. E.g. 10 jobs, 8 of
them
   single-step and 2 of them 6-step.:

This only affects checkbox-touch, as header progress bar is not present in
other front-ends (yet? ;-)

I personally opt for 1. because it keeps everything straight-forward (for
user
and implementation).

--
Have a good one,