checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

CEP-8 update

Hey.

I've got another update on the CEP-8 project.

- Sylvain worked on improving the reporter branch [1]. There are some
test failures (still) but it otherwise seems okay. I will probably
pick this work up and continue since Sylvain won't be back this week
- Sylvain also got the blocker data for client certification [2]. This
is now ready (though I have not checked it for correctness. Ara
perhaps you'd like to have a look at that?
- We need identical data for CDTS. Chris would you like to look at
Sylvain's merge request and prepare something like that for what you
need the most? The syntax is very simple to follow by example.
- I got moving on code that reads this and feeds it in. I was blocked
a lot by mistakes and other blockers. I have some code that could use
a review at [3]. This is the second iteration of the code you've seen
before. This time it's actually glued back to the test plan unit. I've
tried addressing all of the complaints and I think I only neglected
documenting how the WordScanner class actually works. It implements a
simple backtracking lexical scanner. It has grown since the previous
time and it's no longer a simple str.split(). I have a drawing of the
state machine that you can consult [4]
- What's left is the PATTERN FIELD=VALUE [, FIELD=VALUE]* override
syntax, a set of new methods on the test plan unit (but those are
heavily in progress, I just wasn't able to test them without real
backend yet) and a set of small changes in all the apps that run jobs
(to call the two new methods).

If you have any questions, fire away.

Thanks
ZK