clicompanion-devs team mailing list archive

Is copyright info for images/* and for clicompanion.1 correct?

Currently, debian/copyright says that all source files are copyright
2010 by Duane Hinnen and Kenny Meyer.

But, according to bug #608653, the icon image was contributed by a
Launchpad user with id naesk who has provided no name and no email
address, and who did not state copyright or licence info for his or her
image.

Further, the clicompanion.1 file in the application source tree says it
was written by Matthew and Marek, not Duane or Kenny.  It might be good
for them to indicate in the man page itself what licence and copyright
they wish it to have -- ideally GPLv3, to keep things consistent.

Therefore, I think, unless these three folks have formally legally
assigned copyright on the image and the man page to Duane or Kenny, the
current debian/copyright is technically incorrect.  I am somewhat amazed
the DD doing packaging review for Marek did not spot this, since Debian
is generally *very* clear and specific about copyright and licence issues.

Does anyone know the intended copyright and licence for the image, or
how to contact naesk about this, so that debian/copyright can be updated
to be more accurate?

Thanks,

Jonathan