clicompanion-devs team mailing list archive

Re: overall status

On 12/12/2011 08:41 AM, Matthew Byers wrote:

> I am also curious as to our status. I was tracking that we should be
> ready for at least a new release over a month ago but it seems we
> have pushed all efforts into getting into upstream which should not
> be our priority. We need to release soon

Well, we seem to be somewhere in the middle of testing the current
codebase, which is Step 1 of our release-plan-1.1.  I had said:

>> Is the application itself 100% ready for declaring to be clicompanion
>> 1.1 and being released as a source tarball?  If not, what else needs to
>> be done with it to reach that point?  According to
>>
>>  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/clicompanion/+spec/release-plan-1.1
>>
>> we have had some testing "IN PROGRESS" for the last couple of weeks...
>> are there any status updates on how that is going?

One of the work items in that spec is yours; any update on how

  [stlsaint] Test running build from source in 11.10 with gnome3: IN
PROGRESS

is going? :)

Do we have some sort of standard "checklist of the basic things to test
in clicompanion" document somewhere?  So that all testers test at least
a basic minimal set of clicompanion features and capabilities?

Further, do we have a place (a wiki page, maybe?) to log all completed
tests, showing who tested what (clicompanion version, installation
method, OS/Distro, DE, screen size) when, and whether it passed our
standard set of tests, and what bug reports were generated?

Jonathan