Re: [Merge] lp:~gholms/cloud-init/hostname-refactor into lp:cloud-init

> I considered that approach until I realized that the fact that distros differ
> here would force distros to contain references to config file classes so the
> shared code can figure out which one to use, which would complicate things
> somewhat.  I also noticed that QuotingConfigObj was in rhel.py and figured
> that it was there for a reason.
>
> But I'm probably missing something obvious here.  Thoughts?

Also on QuotingConfigObj, it was just a patch to let me use the ConfigObj normally but take into account that it doesn't do shell escaping correctly. I would agree that it should be moved into the distros.helper module though once that gets in since its useful for others.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gholms/cloud-init/hostname-refactor/+merge/125869
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~gholms/cloud-init/hostname-refactor into lp:cloud-init.