Re: [Merge] lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/system-conf-goodies into lp:cloud-init

> Jeezers, u have to set 3 files to get the hostname to stick, ouch! I can work
> on extracting the /etc/hostname logic into a simple class that then can be
> shared. Maybe even a sys config class as well so that logic is more seperated
> than it was before (as functions).

Well, the code for /etc/hostname isn't particularly complicated.  We could instead just add that code to Fedora with a few method overrides if other ways of dealing with this would be too obnoxious.

> As far as the quoting thing, I think we can make that conf object not quote
> everything since it seems like systemd is lacking some smarts in that area (ie
> understanding how to read things in quotes). That seems pretty doable.

If you're concerned about stuff that reads sysconfig files like shellcode you could always use python's pipes.quote function.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~harlowja/cloud-init/system-conf-goodies/+merge/129071
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/system-conf-goodies into lp:cloud-init.