Re: [Merge] lp:~juergh/cloud-init/add-debian-init-scripts into lp:cloud-init

Juerg,
  I am interested in having sysvinit scripts on debian in trunk, so thanks for your work here.
  The thing that I'm not so interested in is maintaining two sets of sysvinit scripts that really are the same.
  Just glancing, it seems that the ones ins sysvinit are largely more complete than those you've added.

  Can you make an argument for why we'd want to separate these?
  Also, if we did maintain 2 sets, i'd like for the debian/ ones to not be sysvinit/debian but to rather have sysvinit/<something>/ where '<something>' describes the current set.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~juergh/cloud-init/add-debian-init-scripts/+merge/174943
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~juergh/cloud-init/add-debian-init-scripts into lp:cloud-init.