Re: [Merge] lp:~juergh/cloud-init/add-debian-init-scripts into lp:cloud-init

Scott,

Couple of reasons for duplicating the init scripts:
1) They are simple and shouldn't change too often so having two copies shouldn't add much overhead.
2) Debian uses a logging function (log_daemon_msg) that doesn't exist in RHEL.
3) We could have a single set of scripts that works for multiple distros but my concern is that everytime a change is made the scripts need to be tested against all supported distros to make sure nothing breaks. IMHO that's more work than maintaining separate copies.

Sorry, don't understand your last comment re sysvinit/<something>/.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~juergh/cloud-init/add-debian-init-scripts/+merge/174943
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~juergh/cloud-init/add-debian-init-scripts into lp:cloud-init.