Re: [Merge] lp:~pquerna/cloud-init/allow-configdrive-in-partitions into lp:cloud-init

Is there a reason that you're wanting to look at partitions ?
This datasource is explicitly written to work with the openstack config drive.  To my knowledge, openstack will never attach a config drive as a partition.

I can't seem to any reasonable documentation on config drive, but I know that when I initially implmented it, there was doc in nova that specifically said that the device would be the "last" device, and that it would be a partitioned disk (the comment in find_candidate_devs mentions that).

That simplification is non-trivial, in that it means we don't go mounting a bunch of partitions just looking for things we're not going to find.

Would the following be acceptable to you:
    # We are looking for a block device or partition with necessary label or
    # an unpartitioned block device.
    combined = [d for d in combined
                if d in by_label or not util.is_partition(d)]

If that works, I think we can do that.  Please update your merge proposal and update the comments there.

Also, if you haven't already done so, you'll need to sign the contributors agreement at http://www.canonical.com/contributors . please feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

Thanks for your contribution.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~pquerna/cloud-init/allow-configdrive-in-partitions/+merge/200607
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~pquerna/cloud-init/allow-configdrive-in-partitions into lp:cloud-init.