Re: [Merge] ~harlowja/cloud-init:just-file-logs into cloud-init:master

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Ryan Harper wrote:

> I think it's highly useful to have a single logging mechanism for
> cloud-init; I do like that cloud-init logs could also be redirected
> (copied) to rsyslog for offbox config.
> But I'm primarily interested in ensuring the the logs that cloud-init
> writes out are formatted the same; and that we don't wait until cloud-init
> config stage to configure
> logging as that prevents having all events logged in the same format for
> each of the four stages.

And what I'm primarily interested in is making sure logging to syslog
works, as is it is an extremely popular and common way to log.

I agree that the inconsistent log formats are a pain.  I also agree that
your use case is valid.  However, that does not all of a sudden mean
others use cases which were originally supported are no longer valid.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~harlowja/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/301729
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~harlowja/cloud-init:just-file-logs into cloud-init:master.