Re: [Merge] ~wesley-wiedenmeier/cloud-init:integration-testing into cloud-init:master

It looks like the remaining centos70 issue is not an error in the test suite or in cloud-init; its a systemd bug in the centos images from images.linuxcontainers.org. I haven't tested on official centos images yet, so its possible either that it is a bug in centos, in centos/lxd integration, or in the centos lxd image build.

Setting the system hostname using hostnamectl fails with:
-[laptop1]- -[~]-
-[08:20 PM]-lxc launch images:centos/7/default
Creating picked-snapper
Starting picked-snapper
-[laptop1]- -[~]-
-[08:21 PM]-lxc exec picked-snapper bash
[root@picked-snapper ~]# hostnamectl set-hostname "test-hostname"
Could not set property: Connection timed out

If 'preserve_hostname: true' is added to the cloud-config for a test that should work on centos the test will pass.

Once I figure out whether the bug with hostnamectl is in the image itself or in all of centos I will get a bug filed. I don't think that further work on the test suite should be done to resolve this, as modifying the test configs as a workaround does not seem right here.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~wesley-wiedenmeier/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/308218
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~wesley-wiedenmeier/cloud-init:integration-testing into cloud-init:master.