Re: [Merge] ~wesley-wiedenmeier/cloud-init:integration-testing into cloud-init:master

All distros will work on both pylxd 2.1.3 and pylxd 2.2, the only problem running with 2.1.3 is the lack of error handling, which makes debugging setup_image difficult when it isn't working.

Not all of the new distros work correctly, centos66 will fail due to not having cloud-init in its repos, although I have gotten a run to go through by installing a rpm + a couple deps. It probably shouldn't be used for any sort of testing. I'll go ahead and disable it.

Debian wheezy is not enabled, as it is very old. I could probably get it working but it wasn't a priority for testing.

Debian stretch works, at least for single tests. I haven't run through a full test yet, although I suspect that modules/apt_configure_sources_ppa will fail. I haven't run into any issue with it in terms of distro and platform support, so the only issues should be cloud-init features that are not supported on debian.

Debian jessie is enabled, but does not work due to what I believe is a bug in cc_apt_configure which I haven't had time to resolve yet. Other than that bug, it should work.

Centos70 does not work because of a bug in hostnamectl on the centos images from images.linuxcontainers.org. I have an example of the bug in a comment a few above this one. I haven't had time to look into that bug any more, but the test suite and distro do work together properly there, as adding 'preserve_hostname: true' to a test config and running that test seems to work for most simple test cases (modules/final_message, modules/debug_enable...)

Due to feature incompatibility between ubuntu/debian and centos, and lack of support for modules/cc_apt_configure_sources_ppa outside of ubuntu, distro feature groups are probably going to need to be added soon. For the time being, tests which make sense to work on these distos can be run manually for testing, or perhaps a list could be put together for jenkins. I think it makes the most sense to just get this merged in soon and deal with distro feature flags and platform feature flags in a new merge proposal, since most distros other than ubuntu are blocked by bugs right now.

The supported distro/release matrix has been updated at: goo.gl/q78sY8
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~wesley-wiedenmeier/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/308218
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~wesley-wiedenmeier/cloud-init:integration-testing into cloud-init:master.