Re: [Merge] ~raharper/cloud-init:cloud-init-wait-on-networkd into cloud-init:master

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Scott Moser <smoser@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm ok with this, but have some thoughts... not sure what to do with them.
>
> I'm pretty sure other packages were fixed so that this could be fixed
> without issue.  Ideally somehow the packaging of cloud-init indicates which
> work and which do not, so that the user cannot install cloud-init without
> getting upgraded package as well.
>
> I believe that at least systemd and resolvconf are involved.
>

> This is particularly difficult when cloud-init doesn't want to 'Depend' on
> either of these packages.
>
> Thoughts on what to do here?  I can't really come up with anything.

If we cannot rely on dpkg dependencies then I don't know of anything else.
These issues we're fixing here are for a networkd enabled
cloud-image/ubuntu-core image
We publish zero of these images though we've seen users test some of these
changes
in a cloud-image which has been modified to enable networkd vs. ifupdown.

I can't think of a way to ensure that we use newer resolvconf and systemd
without
dpkg dependencies either.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~raharper/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/317917
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~raharper/cloud-init:cloud-init-wait-on-networkd into cloud-init:master.