Re: [Merge] ~ajorgens/cloud-init:simpletable into cloud-init:master

We've been using this in Amazon Linux since early 2014 and not once have we heard a complaint, or even a mention of it. I think the worry that someone is parsing routing data out of console output is probably baseless, since that data is better obtained through queries against your cloud APIs if you are outside the instance, or through OS utilities or syscalls if you are inside the instance.

FWIW, the format produced by simpletable is *more* machine readable than the output of prettytable (and prettier, if you ask me and you don't remove any spaces).

Up to you. Amazon will likely continue to carry this patch.

I'll update with a removal from requirements.txt sometime. We had removed it from our RPM .spec file and I forgot it would need to be removed elsewhere.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ajorgens/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/330525
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~ajorgens/cloud-init:simpletable into cloud-init:master.