[Merge] ~johnguthrie/cloud-init:instance_hostname_subst_for_chef into cloud-init:master

The proposal to merge ~johnguthrie/cloud-init:instance_hostname_subst_for_chef into cloud-init:master has been updated.

Description changed to:

Substitutions in cloud config data when using chef

In cloudinit/config/cc_puppet.py, the certname key will support substitutions for %i and %f.  This patch adds similar support for chef.  This patch adds two substitutions, %I and %i, that can each be used with the fqdn and node_name keys for chef.  %I can be used for the instance ID of the machine.  %i can be used for the "stripped" instance ID, that is the instance ID without an initial "i-".  The reasoning for this is so that people aren't forced to use hostnames like ntp-i-abcd1234, and instead can have a hostname like ntp-abcd1234.

I know that right now, this is a bit AWS-centric, but I hope to add some more intelligence to determine stripped instance IDs for use with other services.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~johnguthrie/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/331905
--
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~johnguthrie/cloud-init:instance_hostname_subst_for_chef into cloud-init:master.