Re: [Merge] ~johnguthrie/cloud-init:instance_hostname_subst_for_chef into cloud-init:master

Thanks John for this submittal I'll talk with the team tomorrow and see what folks think about this approach.

While this branch is trying to solve a corner case I feel like we may need to go with a more general framework as you suggested. I have a branch up that'd be the foundation for such a framework [1], as it provides standardized field names which I believe we could ultimately use to substitute cloud-init instance-data variables into any cloud-init module configuration template.

As per stripping the the leading 'i-', it feels very 'corner-casey'. I think we might need a more generic facility for manipulating instance data variables. I'll try to see if I can draw up something that we can poke holes in.