Re: [Merge] ~smoser/cloud-init:fix/1134036-locale-message-change into cloud-init:master

> Improving the situation "a bit" does not address my concerns.  As long as
> users of client-side English locales have such a message taking up any real
> estate at login, I consider this unresolved.  From our discussion and the git
> history I don't see any evidence that this was subject to any sort of high-
> level design review when it was added; I don't think it's appropriate to have
> a higher barrier for its removal.

Why do you think this is a "higher barrier"?  We don't make *any* changes
to code without consideration.  That is just generally accepted practice.
Changes that are user-facing do have higher barrier, and they do in
the ubuntu Stable Release Process as well.

> If you are concerned about not hard-coding implementation details of Ubuntu
> minimal images into this script, then the simplest way to address is to remove
> the warning message unconditionally.  This would be consistent with the long-
> term design goals for openssh.

You linked to an upstream ssh bug opened over 10 years ago, with the last
comment made over 5 years ago.  What do you consider "long-term" ?
Do you have some reason to believe that all of a sudden someone will change
that?  Would you expect that that user-facing change would then be SRU'd
in ubuntu ?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~smoser/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/348065
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~smoser/cloud-init:fix/1134036-locale-message-change into cloud-init:master.