Re: [Merge] ~smoser/cloud-init:fix/1134036-locale-message-change into cloud-init:master

Review: Disapprove

Improving the situation "a bit" does not address my concerns.  As long as users of client-side English locales have such a message taking up any real estate at login, I consider this unresolved.  From our discussion and the git history I don't see any evidence that this was subject to any sort of high-level design review when it was added; I don't think it's appropriate to have a higher barrier for its removal.

If you are concerned about not hard-coding implementation details of Ubuntu minimal images into this script, then the simplest way to address is to remove the warning message unconditionally.  This would be consistent with the long-term design goals for openssh.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~smoser/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/348065
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~smoser/cloud-init:fix/1134036-locale-message-change into cloud-init:master.