Re: [Merge] ~goneri/cloud-init:build-on-freebsd into cloud-init:master

i wonder if tools/build-on-freebsd could not be dropped completely as there is an official freshport in the meanwhile: https://www.freshports.org/net/cloud-init/

the port is version 18.3 and includes just some FreeBSD specific patches out of which i know some are 100% obsolete in the meanwhile. see https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net/cloud-init/files/

instead of having this script i would rather have a closer work together with the port maintainer to get these FreeBSD patches upstream if still needed.

or is there any good reason to still keep and maintain this build-on-freebsd script? if so i think we should make the script python2 and python3 compatible until we can drop python2 sometime in 2020.

just my 2 cents ;-)

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~goneri/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/366333
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~goneri/cloud-init:build-on-freebsd into cloud-init:master.