Re: [Merge] ~bitfehler/cloud-init:bitfehler/load_seed into cloud-init:master

Thanks for sending in the merge proposal.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 7:55 AM Conrad Hoffmann <ch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I previously wrote a message to the mailing list, but without any response
> so far, so I figured I'd write some more code and try this way. Happy about
> any suggestions for improvements or guidance for other approaches.
>
> Some notes right away:
>  - The "xenial" tox env does not work for me, even on clean master, is
> this a known issue?

That's not know, so if you want to file a bug with your output/failure etc
we can take a look.

>  - I thought it would be nice to make a holistic change (i.e. changing all
> callers to the new function), but in fact I do not have access to a test
> setup for the OVH or CloudStack data sources. How is this usually handled?
> Is it preferable to not touch any data sources you can not test? Or are
> there means for this to be tested before it lands in a release?

We typically do functional behavior changes only in the development release
and then disable them in older releases to prevent behavioral changes.
Depending on the change, we may or maynot test directly on those platforms;
most platform changes are driven from platform owners. That doesn't
preclude such a change so we'd take it case-by-case.