Adding cloud-config module automatically

Hi,
I have a custom cloud-config module which I supply in a separate package. I would the module to be included in cloud-init after I install the package.

As I understand it, cloud-init runs all the modules from list "cloud_config_modules" in /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.
I know I can add an entry for my module manually, but I would rather have my module included after it's installed (sort of like when you install new initscript and it's enabled automatically). Is that somehow possible from the /etc/cloud/cloud.d/ directory?

Is it possible to include a cloud-config module to cloud-init without manual modifying /etc/cloud.cfg?

Cheers,
Tomas