Packaging cloud-initramfs-tools for different distros

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a cloud-initramfs-tools package for RHEL6 (and later Fedora). At the moment I'm only interested in the growroot part of the package. Obviously, the growroot hook script is highly distro specific and makes assumptions about environment variables and such. It's close enough though that I can fudge it to work for RHEL but I was wondering how to go about that. Would it make sense to make the hook script distro agnostic and then add different wrappers for the different distros or add completely separate hook scripts altogether? That sounds like duplicated effort but might make the whole thing more maintainable. I don't have a lot of experience with packaging for different distros and what issues might arise so just wanted to throw it out and hear what people think.

Thanks
...Juerg

Follow ups